Monday, June 1, 2015

Vegemite Crusts

Sharing a family favourite with you all today. I remember my Mum making this for my brother and sister when they were little and I became quite fond of them myself. So it was only natural that once I had my own children, that I in turn made them for them as well.

It is also a perfect way to use up any scraps of bread, particularly if it has gone stale. This is also a good recipe for kids to make as well, as they can practice their spreading, cutting and grating skills.



Vegemite Crusts

Ingredients:
Bread (the staler the better)
Vegemite
Grated Cheese

Method:
1. Spread Vegemite onto each slice of bread.
2. Cut each slice into three fingers.
3. Place onto a baking tray and sprinkle with grated cheese.



4. Place into a slow (150 degrees or so) oven and cook until golden in colour.


# Did you notice one was missing - I couldn't help myself - they smelt soooo good!

5. Store in an air tight container. I can't tell you how long they will last for - cause they are all usually gone within a couple of days. LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment