Sharing a family favourite with you all today. I remember my Mum making this for my brother and sister when they were little and I became quite fond of them myself. So it was only natural that once I had my own children, that I in turn made them for them as well.
It is also a perfect way to use up any scraps of bread, particularly if it has gone stale. This is also a good recipe for kids to make as well, as they can practice their spreading, cutting and grating skills.
Bread (the staler the better)
1. Spread Vegemite onto each slice of bread.
2. Cut each slice into three fingers.
3. Place onto a baking tray and sprinkle with grated cheese.
4. Place into a slow (150 degrees or so) oven and cook until golden in colour.
# Did you notice one was missing - I couldn't help myself - they smelt soooo good!
5. Store in an air tight container. I can't tell you how long they will last for - cause they are all usually gone within a couple of days. LOL