Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sunday Stash - #2 2015

  WOW - it seems that this week has just flown by. Not much has happened in our little household - although I did manage to finally take the Christmas tree and decorations down.

I am pleased to say that I have stayed all from all fabric stores - both here locally and online! However...... I did manage to pick up some fabric from a local Op Shop. 


The first was this awesome bundle of pirate quilting cotton for $10. There were a couple of sewn rows - but the rest of the fabric has been cut into rectangles waiting to be sewn. I am estimating that teamed with a little black homespun - this will be almost a single quilt sizing. Not sure whether this one will be for Mr 5 or just a throw for the back of our car. I am sure though it will be used throughout Scouts somewhere as the Pirate theme is very common.


I also picked up this cutie - only a polycotton though and the shop had this stashed in the baby sheeting section, despite being clearly home hemmed. I snavelled it anyhows as I am sure it will come in handy for something for me, seeing I am a sucker for cows.


The next few items (not fabric) were Christmas presents that I thought I would share with you all.


Two books - both only $4.99 at Spotlight. Miss almost 11 has claimed the sock one, telling me that I will have to teach her how to make them now that I have a book - LOL! The Fresh Fabric Treats was put together from the Moda Bake Shop Designers and what really appealed to me was a gorgeous scrunched table runner featuring Pure Sweetwater fabric. Although there are also several other patterns in there that I want to make too.


Argh - The dreaded Bobbin Box. I constantly seem to break those rigid plastic ones - so Hubby brought me this one. He liked that it had a more secure lid, it held more bobbins and it also came with not one but two needle threaders.


Can you tell that I am a bit OCD when it comes to the placement of my bobbins!!!!!!!


This is my favourite thing about the bobbin box....... I can drop it whilst it is open or turn it upside down and the bobbins stay put - they don't come out. Totally a bobbin box match made in heaven for me.   Made by Birch and the only downside I can think of is that they are a bit more pricey at around $15 - but so totally worth every cent.


Linking up with The Sunday Stash by the fabulous Molli from Molly Sparkles.



2 comments:

  1. The bobbin box is really amazing! What a fantastic supply.
    Greetings, Rike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, studio control! I get that, having opened a thread box and had all the spools skitter out around the room. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete