Saturday, October 13, 2012

September blocks for Queen Bee #2

WOW - I can't believe how quickly our second part of our 3 week holiday went!
I can highly recommend staying at the Sea World Resort! Talk about mega kid friendly and not to mention the fact that I woke every morning listening to the Dolphins talking. 

Anyway, now that we are all back home and ready to hit mundane life again - it is a massive head down bum up effort for me to get all my blocks, BOM's, custom orders and Christmas presents up to date.

So as for last night's effort - two 12 1/2" blocks for Laura for the September Queen Bee #2.


The tutorial for these gorgeous blocks can be found here at Film in the Fridge! 

These blocks would be perfect for those that have a lot of scraps that they want to use up - as for me, I was able to use some scraps, but mostly had to cut into new bigger bits of fabric.  We won't talk about the $90 venture into Spotlight yesterday to buy a metre of white homespun!

Mind you making these, got me thinking that I would love to attempt a 4 x 4 size lap quilt with either a red & aqua colourway on white or a grey,black, yellow & white colourway on grey.  But then again - how awesome would this look in Christmas fabrics??????? 

Anyway, off to catch up on the last of the holiday washing and make a custom Feltie Owl.
Hope you have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment