Sunday, August 4, 2013

All work and NO PLAY!!!!

I have been driving myself insane the last couple of weeks trying to get these two quilts ready for Sept, as well as work on the my two commissioned jobs also for Sept. I had a severe case of All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!

So instead of spacking it completely, I decided to do something fun and finally paper piece my umbrella that I have had sitting on my cutting table for god knows how long now. 

It is all Kristy from Quiet Play's fault!
LOL - this is one of her patterns (which you can get here) and she made the cutest little Rainy Day Money Pouch with it when she first released the pattern! As for me, I simply fell in love and just knew that I had to make one for myself.


The block by itself! Not a great join there on the handle piece - but I am happy with it and am damn proud of myself for finally biting the bullet and making it.


The block with the fabrics that I have also had sitting in the pile waiting to create my own little Savings for a Rainy day pouch.  As for the construction of that pouch - well that is another spack attack day down the future. So in the mean time this poor tiny block is looking very lonely and lost on my massive design wall.


1 comment:

  1. Oh it turned out great! Well done for giving it a go. It's nice to have a little break project amidst the have-to-do's!

    ReplyDelete