Saturday, August 18, 2012

May Queen Bee #2 Block!

Boy O Boy am I really behind on my Queen Bee blocks. I am so lucky that the group I am in have been very patient and understanding of my tardiness.  Anyway, so it was a goal of mine to have the three (May, June & July) blocks done by the end of the weekend.

May's block belongs to the lovely Phillipa Clarke from Needles in the Haystack and she chose a Mock Needle Turned applique block.  EEK! I have done both hand and machine applique in the past but not Mock needle turned.  I don't know what I was worried for though, cause Phillipa had a great instruction post here and also provided a link here from Sew Cal Gal on how to do the Mock needle turn part.


Phillipa even provided all the Queen Bee #2 participants with the precut green hearts and iron on pellon as well as the stem piece - so all we had to do was add the white backing square. I choose a lovely bright white with a small white floral print to it.

I really did surprise myself on how easy this block really was - actually I am rather ashamed with myself for not getting around to it sooner.  As for the Mock Needle Turned Applique technique - I think it is something that I may use later on down the track in my quilting projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment