Sunday, January 19, 2014

Lego Bunting

I am sew excited to finally be able to share the gorgeous LEGO bunting that I made for one of my nephews for Christmas last year.

It all started when Kristy from Quiet Play made up a LEGO Man and LEGO Head Paper Piecing pattern! She had combined two of my favourite things and I knew immediately that I wanted to make something for my LEGO crazed BIL who just happened to be expecting a bundle of joy at the time. 

Originally I was thinking a square quilt to put on the floor or even perhaps a LEGO mat/drawstring bag. At their baby shower though they were given three blankets/quilts - so I changed my mind to a bunting for the baby's window in the nursery. However, by the time I had ordered the LEGO fabric from Spoonflower and had some bouts of illness - bouncing baby Harry had already arrived and another gift was given! So this project was bumped down to being a Christmas present!




I was in total love with this LEGO fabric from Spoonflower - it had such a gorgeous feel to it and it sewed like a dream! I have enough left over to attempt to make Mr Harry a dribble bandanna bib for his first birthday!


The LEGO head pattern that I used was actually the pattern from the LEGO person! I was just being lazy and couldn't be bothered to adjust the LEGO head pattern to a smaller size! I was really happy with how the heads turned out. Although mental note to self if I ever make another one - buy yourself a black fabric marker and buy the kidlets some male LEGO figurines to copy the face from!!!!!


I decided to put a H for Harry on the middle bunting piece, not only for something different but more as a security feature in that my BIL wouldn't be tempted to "borrow" the bunting for his office. LOL. I totally amazed myself in finding this LEGO font on the net and then I even managed to download and install it on my computer! In hindsight though, I do wish that I moved the H a little more to the right. 


I just adore this LEGO ribbon! I was originally just planning on using the golden yellow twill tape - so glad I stumbled upon the ribbon online!



Before wrapping this up - I was so excited and had to do a quick hanging test on my DS's window just so I could see what it would look like hanging!


Linking up to the Paper Piecing Party over at Quiet Play!





1 comment:

  1. I love how this turned out Kel! It looks fabulous!! All the extra details are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete