Sunday, January 19, 2014

One January finish down!

So far I am off to a good start - I have been able to finish Will's John Deere PJ's!


I really enjoyed the simplicity of this pattern and would use it again, although I would need to go up a size next time for Will - meaning I would have to buy a new pattern. I loved how the pants are only two pieces all up - so no side seam! 


I ended up making the Summer Baseball style set.


To help determine the front to the back - I place small pieces of ribbon at the back to represent the tag you would find on normal shop brought clothes. I got this idea from one of my close friends who did this to a pair of PJ bottoms she made me - I thought it was a brilliant idea!


I am still not 100% sure if I made the right choice here - I couldn't find my white interfacing and didn't want to travel into town to Spotlight (just in case it was too tempting to resist fabric) so I just used some black instead.


I also used snap closures instead of buttons for a few reasons. 
1 - I am scared to try them on my new sewing machine. 
2 - Time was against me if Will was to wear these at our weekend away.
3 - Hubby actually does all my snap closures for me.
and the most important.
4 - Will loves being able to wear a proper shirt without needing help to put it on!

I still have heaps of this fabric left over - even though I have made Hubby a pair of sleep shorts and now Will's PJ's. I am still umming and arghing whether to de-stash the excess or just leave it in my stash for future PJ's for Will in a bigger size!


Now, I had better get a wriggle on those Australia Day shorts for Will - as he needs them for Pre-school this Friday! And not to forget Miss Moo's ruffle skirt for her birthday this Wednesday! And I had better get a wriggle on with my two swaps as the post date is only 11 days away now! YIKES!!! Where has my January gone??????


No comments:

Post a Comment